MODELING is a three-piece cinematic, art-rock band creating introspective music inspired by film scores, visual arts and personal experiences. Comprised of brothers Connor, Ryan and Cuinn Brogan, the band places most of their sonic emphasis on intense, analog synth sounds and detail-oriented, electronic textures. Many of their songs center around themes of longing, alienation and feelings of nostalgia with lyrical references to dreams and memories of a time before.
The band released their first record SOMEWHERE BEFORE on May 15, 2022. It was written, recorded, produced and mixed by the brothers during the 2020 pandemic at their home studio in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
The track “Apex” off their debut EP1 was named best of the best in 2015 by Pigeons and Planes and was placed 3rd in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest of 2015. The band’s self-produced music video for their latest single “Nothing Unexpected”, premiered by Wonderland Magazine in 2021, and was recently accepted by The Fort Smith International Film Festival to be one of their official selections of 2021.
Modeling is currently working on a new EP following their debut album, with a scheduled release for late summer 2023. They’ll perform at Arkansas’ most prominent music, art and tech FORMAT festival in September, and will embark on a two-week northeastern tour in October.
HIGHLIGHTS - TOUR HISTORY
• played over 75 shows in 2022
• sold out white water tavern (little rock, arkansas)
• sold out george's majestic lounge (fayetteville, arkansas)
• will be performing at FORMAT festival 2023 with lcd soundsystem, alanis morissette, leon bridges & more
• self-released, recorded, produced and mixed debut album "somewhere before" in 2022
• write-up on wonderland mag
• music video official selection for the fort smith international film festival
• winner of the artist 360 grant
• 3rd place winner of the john lennon songwriting contest